Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pooped...

After my first week of school, this is the only word to describe how I'm feeling...pooped!
I am in a school/district that is new to me. On top of that, we're literally in a brand new school. I feel so blessed to have found this job, but it has me wiped out! Luckily for me, I am not alone; everyone is feeling pretty overwhelmed. Unfortunately, I'm also having to adjust to new expectations and a whole new batch of students. They are wild and loud, so it's going to be a busy year for me! On my first day, one of my kids stepped behind a column and peed right out at the car rider line...yeesh!

Anyways, my energy has really been focused on school for the past few weeks, so I apologize for my absence. After such a hectic week, on Friday night I headed home to my parents house for some relaxation and sushi! My dad was in the mood for pizza...Cici's pizza, in fact, (a restaurant of screaming children?? No thanks!) but thankfully I was able to convince him that sushi would be better! I turned in pretty early Friday night.

On Saturday, mom and I had a fun and successful day! We headed out highway 17 to a fun and funky antique shop. We had a great time exploring and left with a few treasures!


Loved all of the outdoor/garden items that they had, especially the metal bulldog...not really sure where we would put one though! I was fascinated by these mini cokes, so Rip got one as a prize! They were from the 1994 NBA Finals and have real coke and a top that can be popped. We definitely won't be drinking it though...

I left with a prize too! 

I loved the embroidery on this clock and thought it was so sweet and pretty! Not sure where I'll hang it up or if I'll do anything to alter it, but I'm excited to find a spot for it. It has a glass frame that locks shut.


We headed to Southside 17 for some lunch next then headed toward John's Island. We stopped at Family Thrift and Consignment just to see what they had and were pleasantly surprised...

I found a dining room table! I had planned to try and make a dining room table with my dad after seeing how expensive they are! But after finding this table, I had to have it! It's so unique and I thought that the coloring would look great with my floors! PLUS, we were able to bargain with them and bring the price down!


It's an 8 ft oval table with two leaves that fold down. It's a sturdy wood, and we're guessing it's maple. I can't wait to post some pictures of it in my dining room! Now I've really got to get to work on finding all my chairs! This was the last part of our adventure. We headed back to their house for a quick nap before I came home.

Today, I finally had some time to do some sewing and it was great! So relaxing!


A reversible Carolina/Clemson blanket! So happy with how it turned out! :)
Did some lesson planning this evening, so hopefully I'm ready for this next week! And I hope I'll have some time to show off some new projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment