Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Lovin

One of the highlights and main focuses of my summer has come and gone!
I had such a great time sneaking around planning this surprise party for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I LOVE how the invitations turned out!...

Prom picture, picture from their 30s, wedding picture
Me as a baby, Casey as a baby
The family with the Caddy, Casey in the hospital, and Stonewall family

 The four of us in Andros a few years ago.


This is the fake invite that I sent to mom and dad and posted on my fridge :)


In the days before the party, I felt pretty ready for all of it. The house was about as ready and clean as it would ever be, and I was really proud of all the work that we put into it this summer. Rip and his parents did a great job getting our yard ready that week.


Our great friends Jay, Stacy, and CJ came to help out (and enjoy some good food). Rip, Jay, and CJ picked up the BBQ and helped all the guests hide their cars. Stacy and Rip's parents manned the kitchen and kept the food and drinks coming.
We had Orangeburg BBQ, fried chicken, and spicy wings along with lots of dips and snacks. We made yummy Strawberry-Lemon Sangria and Beer-itas. Casey brought a keg of Sweet Water and a keg of Bud Light. We know that no one was thirsty at our party!!! Although a few people wondered a little about the "lemonade with all the fruit in it"....we had to tell them that it was definitely not lemonade and to be careful because it was actually wine and rum. We know that in the future, we'll need to be sure and label our drinks! Haha!



Our friend, Rev. JimBob Brooks thought it said 40 Years of Torture....haha!

I covered the tables in fun fabric, candles, and a mix of pictures of our family throughout the years.


So many wonderful friends and family came to visit and celebrate with our family!


My parents finally arrived at 4:20 (late as usual!). I hurried them inside so that they would walk inside at the same time. We awkwardly yelled SURPRISE! Then Casey and I headed back out to unload their car (including their dog!) while they got to hug and visit with everyone.


 SURPRISE!!!!




(Mom cried for over half of the party.) 


 Yay! We did it!!

Thanks for all your help, hubs!


Here's a few more pictures...sorry for the poor quality. Picture of a picture never works very well!

 Mom with her parents

Mom and my cousin Jay

 Prom!

August 19, 1972

Congratulations on 40 years! 
Here's to 40 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment