Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lantern Update

Yay! So excited!
My sweet dad and his friend Bob came up to our house yesterday to work on my lantern. As I mentioned in my last post, I bought a brass lantern from Habitat Restore for $20!

Here it is in all it's shiny brass glory.

I wanted to replace this brass chandelier that was in our hallway.

Unfortunately, after dad hung the new lantern, we ended up with 2 problems...
1. It didn't work! While dad was connecting it, we did have a spark issue at one point. (Scared both of us to death!) So we didn't know if there was an issue with the wiring in the lantern or the old wires in our house.
2. The other issue was that it would be hanging from a spot in our hallway that was definitely not centered. We're guessing someone added on the closet on the left side. When they added it, they had to move the chandelier over with a hook. The problem with the new chandelier is that there wasn't enough length in the wire to pull it over to the side.

So my amazing dad and his buddy Bob fixed it all! They fixed the house wiring and then replaced the wiring throughout my lantern so that it could be more centered.


Yay! It looks great!

Plus I still can't believe how much it looks like this $1700 version! I'm pretty happy with my latest update!

No comments:

Post a Comment