Monday, July 23, 2012

This Old House


We bought this house just a few months ago. I saw the listing online and immediately fell in love with it! Isn't it cute?! It was built in the 1930s and has so much character! We were really lucky to buy it at a great price because it had been through a foreclosure and tax auction. With the low price tag, the house came "As Is"...meaning we've had a bit of fixing up to do!


Some things that I love...
-2 fireplaces--one working & one filled with bricks that's begging for an update!
-chandeliers in almost every room-all brass means they need a coat of paint or replacing
-hardwood floors everywhere
-a white-washed upstairs that's a blank slate for design
-old school charm



Some things that I don't love...
-Purple guest room--still needs to be painted
-Guest bathroom--even worse than the bedroom: TINY & gross!
-Master bathroom--12 lightbulbs...really? I do not need to see every flaw that well! Plus a long counter with only one sink and a tiny corner for the toilet
-Kitchen--needs all new appliances &  I cannot stand the wooden countertops! They never feel clean!

I hope you'll follow my blog as we work to update the house and tackle some other projects along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment