Friday, December 21, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Black Friday shopping was very intense this year. The only thing I really needed was a bunch of fleece jackets for all of Rip's younger cousins. I lucked out because Old Navy had them for $5. The only problem was that they opened at midnight. So mom and I decided to just stay up and head there around 12. We figured we'd go to Old Navy and then Belk. Then we'd head home and rest for an hour or two and go back out around 4....Um that is not what happened.

When we got to Old Navy at around 12:05, there was a line around the outside of the store, a bouncer letting people in, and the line inside was already to the back of the store. My sweet mom went and got in line immediately, while I searched the store. There were soooo many people and the store was such a mess from people just dropping the stuff they didn't want. We finally left the store after 2 hours of waiting in line, but I did save almost $200! :) My poor mom ended up only getting one pair of pajamas for herself. PLUS she got stuck in the slowest line ever! Because we tried different lines to see which one was faster and she got stuck in her line! Yuck!
After Old Navy, we walked around the outlet for a short line and then headed to the mall. These were my favorite mall find, and I really hope Santa remembers them! 
Adult footed pajamas...love the fox and shark feet
I'm sure my mom is laughing at this because after I took pictures and laughed about them, I bet she went back to the store and bought a pair. Haha! 

Overall, it was a great shopping day. We got just about everything that we planned to get. We returned home at 11 the next morning, and I slept for a few hours before getting back up. 


We started putting our Christmas decorations up the next day. Of course, most people were watching a little football game that day...but Stacy and Jay were visiting so we decided it was the perfect time to decorate. The two of us got a fresh tree, tied it to the car, and made several trips to Walmart for more lights and decorations. You will not believe how short the lines are during the Carolina-Clemson game! Hahaha! The husbands laughed at us but it kept us busy and out of their way throughout the game.

We found this at Walmart, and I wondered if we're expected to use this type of wrapping paper now that we've moved to Oburg....Yes, you're correct. That is camo wrapping paper in natural and pink. It also comes with green bows to match as well as the orange safety color. 
Seriously?!

Anyways, we got the tree up, and Stacy spread some Christmas cheer around the house as well.




The yard is definitely in need of a little tlc...
I like the doorway, but this is definitely not the picture I had in my mind. Next year, I'll definitely be beefing it up with actual garland and lights. Plus half of it fell off after a strong rain. So I ended up taking down the red and white and leaving just the trees. I also added several bright red poinsettias on the steps and that color really helps it pop more. Our tree does look really pretty through the front window!

These hung from my curtains on either side of the fireplace last year, but they looked great on the french doors in our dining room.


No comments:

Post a Comment